Friday 11 November 2011

A final gift


  Wake up really early in order to board the 5 am return flight to Casablanca. Last night I agreed with the taxi driver that brought me to the (quite secluded) hotel from Kotoka airport he would collect me there in time for the morning flight. But he doesn't show up. In the meantime however I'm able to quietly stare at this wonderful equatorial night sky, with stars and constellations well away from their usual positions. The regular 23º axial tilt has vanished, and you have Orion right on top of your head and Sirius shining really high up there. There are stars over there I have never seen before, and knowing that makes it really special even if I won't be able to tell their names (will check later). It's a nice final present from Ghana, and this one was for free!

The cab driver wouldn't arrive in the end - even if it may actually be more expensive to make a phone call when not running on a local SIM card, remember to always keep the driver's phone number just in case he should forget about a previous
arrangement.

It was just great to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment